Ten winners of the AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards 2015 supported by Uber, Mobile Monday South Africa, Appsworld and Picup were announced and honoured at a Cape Town celebration of African mobile and tech ecosystem innovation on Monday 16th November 2015.
Entries were received from very diverse sectors such as entertainment, agriculture, transport and market research. Health, education and fintech were very popular categories also, all illustrating the explosive growth of Africa’s mobile first markets and tech ecosystem.
The 2015 entries came from over 21 countries and the winners on the night came from South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Cameroon, Tanzania and Togo.
Appsafrica.com Innovation Awards Winners 2015:
1. Disruptive Innovation – Opera’s Sponsored Web Pass (Nigeria)
2. Best Mobile Innovation – bookly (South Africa)
3. Non Data Mobile Innovation – GeoPoll (Kenya/USA)
4. Best African App – Tuluntulu (South Africa)
5. Fintech Innovation – VCpay (South Africa)
6. Health Innovation– GiftedMom (Cameroon)
7. Educational Innovation – mPaper (Tanzania)
8. Social Impact Award – codeX (South Africa)
9. Best Entertainment – Gamsole (Nigeria)
10. Women In Tech – Emefa Kpegba OMobileFunding (Togo)
At Appsafrica.com Our mission is always to promote and honour the fantastic innovation across the mobile and tech ecosystem in Africa. We had diverse entries from 21 countries and both the finalists and winners are a testament to how technology is being used to disrupt business models, empower people and drive positive social impact across the continent.
The contribution women are making in technology in Africa is also very evident and important in empowering the next generation. Congratulations to all of the 2015 winners and thank you to all of the judges, sponsors, media partners and supporting innovation hubs across Africa.
The awards party in Cape Town was a great evening of celebration and networking bringing together the mobile and tech community, enterprise, media, investors and innovators from across Africa. We are already looking forward to 2016.