Seedstars Dakar is returning to Senegal 14th of October to scout for the best entrepreneurs in technology and has announced the line up of local start-ups who will battle it out.
The event will take place at Jokkolabs, with the startups to pitch to a panel of judges. The top startup will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Senegal 2016 and will represent Dakar at the regional and global summit. In addition, the event is carried out with the support of local ambassador Concree, partners Orange, Microsoft, Brussels Airlines, Intel and venue partner Jokkolabs.
The 9 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- Weebi: A hardware/software products that lets shopkeepers keep track of their clients debt through their technology
- PayDunya: One only API that accepts payments anywhere in the world from all african mobile money wallets and credit/debit cards
- JokkoText: A service that allows musicians to sign up, add, sell their music with payment methods specific to each country, privileging mobile payment.
- Morinnove: A twitter-like network that helps anyone find information about their frequently used product and services.
- DIRECT SOLUTION SARL: A company that provides financial products for Africans to improve financial includions
- Wutiko Professional network for Africa that lets anyone find jobs and jobseekers with their innovative job board technology
- Sharek (Solutions Makers): An application that let’s anyone transfer anything they wish fast and easily.
- Seni Apps: An app that lets craftsmen manage the consumption of electricity.
- Karangue (2s Technologies): An application that reminds moms for pre and postnatal visits and vaccination appointments for their child in their local languages
The event will be held at Jokkolabs on the 14th of October. Attendees can register for free here.