Here are the ten startups from Cape Town’s startup scene selected to compete at the fourth edition of Seedstars Cape Town for a chance to represent the country at the Seedstars Africa Summit and the global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland.
Seedstars the largest seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, has brought its pre-selection rounds to an end. With the support of the local host Seedspace Cape Town, Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on October 19th, which is the first leg to choose the country’s Best Startup.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- DealZapp (Pty) Ltd: a location-based self-service special offers’ platform that will entice customers into your shop and give customers the closest and best deals.
- GreenFingers Mobile: enables access to market and finance for small farmers through a digital platform replacing traditional pen and paper management systems
- JOBJACK: an online marketplace for entry-level jobs – disrupting the status quo
- Jumpin Rides (Pty) Ltd: an urban mobility platform providing a commuting service to make easier, cheaper and safer transport in South Africa
- Kuba: partners with small business owners to bring them digital tools that help them access new markets as well as streamline their operation
- Slide Financial: offers white-label digital wallets and easy-to-use payment APIs used by businesses to create sharing-economy or investment app.
- HouseME: connects tenants to residential landlords, providing letting services for a fraction of agency fees. The Airbnb for long-term lets.
- Digs Connect: Africa’s largest student accommodation marketplace. Find a room close to your campus.
- Tutor Roots: A reliable, secure and convenient way to get an approved tutor for 1-on-1 lessons in the comfort of your own home.
- Vibescout: the easiest way to discover things to do near you.