To enter the awards applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be start-ups or incorporated companies
- Applications will be accepted from companies who have launched a product or service in at least one African market.
- If the service has not been launched at the time of judging it will be omitted.
- The product or service must address specific African needs as detailed within the specific category
- The applicant’s innovation can be any product or service utilising any technology
- Applicants must have launched the entry in at least one African market to date
- Applications must be specific and relevant to the category entered
- The applications are judged by an independent panel of judges whos decisions are final