More than 3’000 startups from Eastern and Central Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America applied to participate in Seedstars World this year proudly supported by Appsafrica.com. In Africa these entrepreneurs are working relentlessly on solving problems they care about and are among the most inspiring people around.
The startups are tackling everything from unemployment, lack of electricity to going to movies.Marcello Schermer Regional Manager Africa at Seedstars World shares with Appsafrica.com the best start-ups Seedstars found across the African continent.
- Moovi (Mozambique): Moovi is a web/mobile platform that lets anyone create relevant events within their surrounding community. It is as simple as “thinking, planning and tapping” and Moovi unlocks all your desired experiences.
- Giraffe (South Africa): Giraffe is a revolutionary new mobile recruitment tool that aims to reduce unemployment in South Africa.
- MyQ (Nigeria): MyQ is a mobile application that provides queue management, passenger loading and ticketing services to the transportation industry.
- Asoriba (Ghana): Asoriba is a web and mobile application that enables effective church administration for leaders, and seamless engagement with members.
- Airshop (Abidjan): Airshop is a platform that enables travelers to pre-order items online and pick them up at duty-free shops whenever they’re on the road. Simply put, Airshop is a “marketplace for duty-free shopping.
- Mergims (Rwanda): Mergims is a mobile application that connects migrants back to merchants in their countries of origin so they can buy stuff for relatives at home.
- Intership (Uganda): IntershipUG is a package forwarding service unlocking the US and UK, providing consolidation and allowing various shipping methods.
- Illuminum Greenhouses (Kenya): Illuminum Greenhouses creates a limitless integrated solar-powered farm automation system with sensors controlled via SMS from the farmers’ mobile phone.
- Ahadoo Tec (Ethiopia): Ahadootec provides African students access to curriculum-mapped content both online and offline through Fidel, a native Android app and web app.
- Jobartis (Angola): Jobartis combines traditional and market-specific job-board features to develop the number one online job portal in Angola.
- Juabar (Tanzania): Juabar is a network of mobile solar electricity stores that provide phone charging services and distribute energy products as a point of sale.
- VoLo (Senegal): makes healthcare easily accessible and affordable in Africa using its VTIP Health product.
- Modisar (Botswana): Modisar is a precision livestock farming app that helps to manage farm animals, farm finances and farm resources.
- SolarizEgypt (Egypt): SolarizEgypt is a solar power provider that uses customized solutions to provide a balanced cost/value proposition to an emerging market.
- IOGrow (Algeria): CRM for social selling, integrated with linkedin, Twitter and Gmail.
- OmniUp (Morocco): Omniup Ads is an innovative advertising solution on smartphones: free wi-fi service on public places against video ads & web interaction.
The Seedstars World Summit promises to be an eye-opening window into the emerging markets and the talented entrepreneurs innovating in them. The event will be filled with panel discussions on subjects ranging from women entrepreneurs to innovation in Africa, have top CEOs, members of academia and VCs deliver powerful speeches, and all of this surrounded by a strong international media presence.
There is still time to sign up for the summit. Click here to get a 15% discount.