The winners of the digital and telecoms awards have been announced at AfricaCom Awards 2014 in Cape Town, with Airtel winning best app for Africa.
The awards were fiercely contested this year with a record number of entries competing for the judge’s attention and approval. The Awards that recognise and acknowledge excellence in the digital technology, ICT, Telecommunications and Media across Africa, have grown in stature every year. The winning projects below clearly demonstrate that Africa is leading innovation in the development of the digital ecosystem.
The winners are….
1. Best App for Africa – Bharti Airtel – internet.org.app
2. Best Connectivity Solutions for Africa – WIOCC – Connecting Somalia – Closing the final link
3. Best Cost Efficiency Solutions for Africa– Huawei – Africa’s first SDN innovation: MTN TT Project
4. Best Device for Africa – Solarway – Solar powered mobile phone charging station
5. Best Marketing Campaign – Huawei – MTN’s Nelson Mandela Birthday’s 67 minutes campaign
6. Best Mobile Money Solution – Bharti Airtel – Airtel Money
7. Best Network Improvement – WIOCC – Extending WIOCC’s Pan-African network into Somalia
8. Best Pan-African Initiative – Liquid Telecom – East Africa Fibre Ring
9. Breakthrough LTE Development – Ericsson – Unitel
10. Changing Lives Award – Afrigis – Gender based violence command centre (GBVCC)
11. Excellence in Customer Experience Management – Orange – ‘100% Successful Calls’ suite of services
12. Most Innovative Service – Millicom Tanzania – Tigo Pesa – International Mobile Money Transfer
13. VSAT Innovation for Africa – Liquid Telecom – Shared MPLS Satellite servic