In the past few years there has been a flourishing number of self-organisation amongst African women in technology. Many focus on encouraging women entering the field as coders, IT managers and to establish enterprises that increase women’s socio-economic well-being. Projects have also focused on improving self-reliance and livelihoods in rural areas.
Women in Tech Africa’s Vision is three fold
• Creating today’s female leaders and role Models for tomorrow’s Women
• Showing the world what a strong African woman in capable of achieving
• Support African growth through technology
Ethel Cofie, founder of Women In Tech Africa shares the thinking behind Women In Tech Africa in a recent interview with Appsafrica.com, which you can now watch below.
The theme of the London event is Women Leadership and the African Technology Dialogue. An excellent panel will discuss the key issues facing the female diaspora;
- How women can get connected? African women/girls here need visible role models. We need champions.
- How do we help the entrepreneurs, how can we invest in the businesses that African women want to build/are building in the UK?
- How can we work better with those back in Africa?
- Creating avenues for ladies to find roles back home and build businesses in Africa