On 29-30 June, the AEIP organises the final event! It marks the official end of the AEIP pilot and focuses on celebrating and disseminating information on the key achievements, lessons learnt across all activities, and on discussing ways to continue to collaborate in a more sustainable manner. Outcomes of all the different project activities will serve to demonstrate the benefits of African-European innovation collaboration and exemplify the added value of the AEIP in facilitating such a collaboration. The success stories chosen also showcase how innovation collaboration can contribute to the UN SDGs.
The event also provides a platform for relevant, recently launched third party initiatives/opportunities to present themselves and to discuss how these could be used to continue some of the activities launched in the AEIP in the future, after the AEIP itself is no longer financed by the European Commission. The event will be attended by the Commissioners of the African Union, European Commission and national governments, as well as, by other prominent speakers across Africa and Europe.
Why should you join?
- Learn about relevant third-party initiatives/opportunities, launched by international donors, development agencies, and multilateral funding schemes, notably Enrich in Africa, that can support innovation actors in Africa and Europe.
- Participate in discussions on key thematic challenges in cleantech, food and edtech sectors, together with prominent speakers from Africa and Europe.
- Expand your professional network by participating in networking sessions with key innovation actors in Africa and Europe.
- Learn about success factors for Africa-Europe collaboration for different innovation actors.
- Join a Round Table on Intellectual Property: Vaccines and Patents (organized by WAITRO supported by AEIP, RFI and NWU).