Twelve tech ventures from across the continent have been selected for the latest edition of Pitch Live at Africa Tech Summit Connects on October 20-22nd, offering entrepreneurs the chance to present their solution to an audience of investors, corporates and other stakeholders.
Disrupt Africa and Africa Tech Summit (ATS) announced last month they had reprised their partnership following successful physical editions at Africa Tech Summit Kigali, Rwanda in 2019, and earlier this year.
As part of this, it opened applications for Pitch Live, which will take place over the course of the event, and gives African tech startups the chance to present their solution to the global audience and connect with interested parties virtually. The pitch event follows successful physical editions at Africa Tech Summit Kigali, Rwanda in 2019 and earlier this year.
Applications were received from across the continent, with 12 startups, which are looking to raise either pre-seed, seed, or Series A funding, selected to take part. They are:
- Agro Innova (Ghana): an online marketplace for smallholder farmers to access customers;
- PayDunya (Senegal): a digital payments platform;
- Snode (South Africa): a cloud-based cybersecurity platform;
- Moja Ride (Ivory Coast): a Mobility-as-a-Service platform;
- Seso Global (Nigeria): a one stop shop for real estate;
- Medsaf (Nigeria): a pharmaceutical supply chain solution;
- Wella Health (Nigeria): a health insurance solution;
- Eneza Telecom (Kenya): ERP solutions for SMEs;
- Kolute Systems (Senegal): a WhatsApp chatbot for e-commerce;
- Vybe (Nigeria): an online dating platform;
- Scrapays (Nigeria): uses technology to facilitate the recovery of recyclable waste;
- Abiria (Kenya): provides a safe and easy way to pay public transport fares.
Over the course of the three days, the startups will pitch to a global audience, presenting their solutions before having the opportunity of engaging with interested parties through a variety of socially-distanced online mediums.
The selected startups will be available for 1:1 video calls throughout the Summit, which aims to drive interaction and showcase the latest developments on the continent across the startup world and beyond, with sessions focusing on fintech, logistics, e-commerce, investment, regulation and policy, blockchain, connectivity, ed-tech and agri-tech.
The exclusive virtual business summit is not “another webinar”, and instead aims to maximise each delegate’s time with AI-powered smart matchmaking, live 1:1 video meetings, and the ability to find new customers, innovative products, investors, and opportunities via a virtual business marketplace.